This One is for the Night Shifters
We love our night shifters! This includes paramedics, police officers, firefighters, nurses, doctors, factory workers, cleaning staff, new parents, and so many more. They do the work that many of us would just not be able to do. While many of us sleep the night away, they are getting through a long night of work. Kudos to them! So when they come home first thing in the morning, they deserve to get the best, deepest sleep. This one is for the night shifters!
Here’s a list of tips to help get better sleep when you are done with those long night shifts.
2. Don’t Caffeine Overload— if you are drinking caffeine to wake you up when your shift starts, that is totally fine, but stay away from drinking any caffeine after a few hours into your shift as it will just end up making you groggy.
3. 7 Hours of Sleep— once you get off your shift, allow yourself at least 7 hours of sleep.
4. Temperature— keep your room at just the right temperature so that you don’t get uncomfortable in the middle of your sleep and wake up.
5. Routine— stick to a routine where you go to sleep at the same time and are awake at the same time everyday.
6. Phone Timeout— set your phone to silent or to “do not disturb” to avoid being woken up.
7. Remember Why— whether you do it so that you can be there for your kids plays and games, or just because you love the work, remember why you do this job and be proud!
Comments are closed