We’ve been getting a lot of questions about how to install shade handles for our Artisan Custom shades so we wanted to provide you with a visual tutorial for the two handle styles.
To start off, the two types of handles are:
- The Standard Handle: These handles are used with all three of our shade styles (Standard Lift, Top Down Bottom Up, and Day/Night) and are attached to the bottom rail of all three shades. The Top Down Bottom Up shade uses this on the upper rail as well as the bottom rail.
- The Day/Night Middle Rail Handle: These handles will only be included with a Day/Night shade and are attached to the underside of the middle rail. Because the middle rail of our Day/Night shades has fabric on either side, a lower profile handle is needed.
Note before installing: We recommend installing the shade handles before installing your shade. This allows for more leverage but the steps can be amended in the event your shade is already installed. If you shade is already installed just be sure to close the shade before working with it to prevent damaging the fabric.
How to install a Standard Handle:
- Grasp the shade firmly and locate the lower rail
- Separate the lower rail from the last pleat at the back of the shade (white side of fabric)
- Hook the narrow end (non-handle side) of the handle into the groove in the back of the rail
- Hook the front of the handle around the the lower rail until it clicks into place
Note: the same can be done for the top side of the upper rail for a Top Down Bottom Up shade
How to install a Day/Night Middle Rail Handle:
- Grasp the shade firmly and locate the middle rail between the two fabrics
- Separate the middle rail from the top pleat of the Room Darkening fabric
- With the clip facing in, guide and snap the handle until it clicks into place
If you have any questions or need further assistance installing your shade handle, feel free to give us a call or drop us a note. We’re always happy to help!
1-888-608-6611 | email@example.com
Comments are closed